Earth Fluent >> Chinese >> Adjectives - Appearance, Part 10 >> muddy
Not Logged In: Login?
You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get the full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
Pronunciation : Mud"dyPart of Speech : a.Definition : 1. Abounding in mud; besmeared or dashed with mud; as, a muddy road or path; muddy boots.
2. Turbid with mud; as, muddy water.
3. Consisting of mud or earth; gross; impure. This muddy vesture of decay. Shak.
4. Confused, as if turbid with mud; cloudy in mind; dull; stupid; also, immethodical; incoherent; vague. Cold hearts and muddy understandings. Burke. Dost think I am so muddy, so unsettled. Shak.
5. Not clear or bright. Swift.
[Compar. Muddier; superl. Muddiest.]Source : Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, 1913
Pronunciation : Mud"dyPart of Speech : v.Definition : 1. To soil with mud; to dirty; to render turbid.
2. Fig.: To cloud; to make dull or heavy. Grew.
t. [imp. & p. p. Muddied; p. pr. & vb. n. Muddying.]Source : Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, 1913
The image search comes from Google, which sometimes displays ads in exchange for allowing others to use their free image search. Please disable your ad-blocker to take the quiz or the lesson.
Login to Comment
No comments so far. You can be the first!