You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get the full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
Click to Hear how to Say "Restore" in Indonesian
How do I Write "Restore" in Indonesian?
"Restore" in Indonesian : Mengembalikan
Test Your Pronunciation
Browser Error :
You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
What accent are you practicing?
Pronunciation : Re*store" (r*str") Part of Speech : v. Etymology : [OE. restoren, OF. restorer, F. restaurer, fr. L. restaurare; pref. re- re- + an unused word; cf. Gr. sth fixed, firm. Cf. Restaurant, Store.] Definition : Defn: To bring back to its former state; to bring back from a state of ruin, decay, disease, or the like; to repair; to renew; to recover. "To restore and to build Jerusalem." Dan. ix. 25. Our fortune restored after the severest afflictions. Prior. And his hand was restored whole as the other. Mark iii. 5.
2. To give or bring back, as that which has been lost., or taken away; to bring back to the owner; to replace. Now therefore restore the man his wife. Gen. xx. 7. Loss of Eden, till one greater man Restore us, and regain the blissful seat. Milton. The father banished virtue shall restore. Dryden.
3. To renew; to reëstablish; as, to restore harmony among those who are variance.
4. To give in place of, or as satisfaction for. He shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. Ex. xxii. 1.
5. To make good; to make amends for. But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, All losses are restored, and sorrows end. Shak.
6. (Fine Arts) (a) To bring back from a state of injury or decay, or from a changed condition; as, to restore a painting, statue, etc. (b) To form a picture or model of, as of something lost or mutilated; as, to restore a ruined building, city, or the like.