You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get the full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
Click to Hear how to Say "Choice" in Portuguese
How do I Write "Choice" in Portuguese?
"Choice" in Portuguese : Escolha
Test Your Pronunciation
Browser Error :
You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
What accent are you practicing?
Pronunciation : Choice Part of Speech : n. Etymology : [OE. chois, OF. chois, F. choix, fr. choisir to choose; of German origin; cf. Goth. kausjan to examine, kiusan to choose, examine, G. kiesen. *46. Cf. Choose.] Definition : 1. Act of choosing; the voluntary act of selecting or separating from two or more things that which is preferred; the determination of the mind in preferring one thing to another; election.
2. The power or opportunity of choosing; option. Choice there is not, unless the thing which we take be so in our power that we might have refused it. Hooker.
3. Care in selecting; judgment or skill in distinguishing what is to be preferred, and in giving a preference; discrimination. I imagine they [the apothegms of Cæsar] were collected with judgment and choice. Bacon.
4. A sufficient number to choose among. Shak.
5. The thing or person chosen; that which is approved and selected in preference to others; selection. The common wealth is sick of their own choice. Shak.
6. The best part; that which is preferable. The flower and choice Of many provinces from bound to bound. Milton. To make a choice of, to choose; to select; to separate and take in preference.