You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get the full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
Click to Hear how to Say "Cheer" in Spanish
How do I Write "Cheer" in Spanish?
"Cheer" in Spanish : Animar
Test Your Pronunciation
Browser Error :
You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
What accent are you practicing?
Pronunciation : Cheer Part of Speech : n. Etymology : [OE. chere face, welcome, cheer, OF. chiere, F. chère, fr. LL. cara face, Gr. , L. cerebrum brain, G. hirn, and E. cranium.] Definition : 1. The face; the countenance or its expression. [Obs.] "Sweat of thy cheer." Wyclif.
2. Feeling; spirit; state of mind or heart. Be of good cheer. Matt. ix. 2. The parents . . . fled away with heavy cheer. Holland.
3. Gayety; mirth; cheerfulness; animation. I have not that alacrity of spirit, Nor cheer of mind, that I was wont to have. Shak.
1. That which promotes good spirits or cheerfulness; provisions prepared for a feast; entertainment; as, a table loaded with good cheer.
5. A shout, hurrah, or acclamation, expressing joy enthusiasm, applause, favor, etc. Welcome her, thundering cheer of the street. Tennyson. Whzt cheer Now do you fare What is there that is cheering Source : Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, 1913
Pronunciation : Cheer Part of Speech : v. Definition : 1. To cause to rejoice; to gladden; to make cheerful; -- often with up. Cowpe.
2. To infuse life, courage, animation, or hope, into; to inspirit; to solace or comfort. The proud he tamed, the penitent he cheered. Dryden.
3. To salute or applaud with cheers; to urge on by cheers; as, to cheer hounds in a chase. To cheer ship, to salute a passing ship by cheers of sailors stationed in the rigging.