You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get the full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
Click to Hear how to Say "Silly" in French
How do I Write "Silly" in French?
"Silly" in French : Idiot
Test Your Pronunciation
Browser Error :
You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
What accent are you practicing?
Pronunciation : Sil"ly Part of Speech : a. Etymology : [OE. seely, sely, AS. s, ges, happy, good, fr. s, s, good, happy, s good fortune, happines; akin to OS. salig, a, good, happy, D. zalig blessed, G. selig, OHG. salig, Icel. s, Sw. säll, Dan. salig, Goth. s good, kind, and perh. also to L. sollus whole, en Definition : 1. Happy; fortunate; blessed. [Obs.] Chaucer.
2. Harmless; innocent; inoffensive. [Obs.] "This silly, innocent Custance." Chaucer. The silly virgin strove him to withstand. Spenser. A silly, innocent hare murdered of a dog. Robynson (More's Utopia).
3. Weak; helpless; frail. [Obs.] After long storms . . . With which my silly bark was tossed sore. Spenser. The silly buckets on the deck. Coleridge.
4. Rustic; plain; simple; humble. [Obs.] A fourth man, in a sillyhabit. Shak. All that did their silly thoughts so busy keep. Milton.
5. Weak in intellect; destitute of ordinary strength of mind; foolish; witless; simple; as, a silly woman.
6. Proceeding from want of understanding or common judgment; characterized by weakness or folly; unwise; absurd; stupid; as, silly conduct; a silly question.