You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get the full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
Click to Hear how to Say "Fresh" in Portuguese
How do I Write "Fresh" in Portuguese?
"Fresh" in Portuguese : Fresco
Test Your Pronunciation
Browser Error :
You are not using Google Chrome. Please use Google Chrome to get full audio and voice functionality of Earthfluent.com.
What accent are you practicing?
Pronunciation : Fresh Part of Speech : a. Etymology : [OE. fresch, AS. fersc; akin to D. versch, G. frisch, OHG. frisc, Sw. frisk, Dan. frisk, fersk, Icel. fr frisky, brisk, ferskr fresh; cf. It. fresco, OF. fres, freis, fem. freske, fresche, F. frais, fem. fra, which are of German origin. Cf. Fraischeur, Fr Definition : 1. Possessed of original life and vigor; new and strong; unimpaired; sound.
2. New; original; additional. "Fear of fresh mistakes." Sir W. Scott. A fresh pleasure in every fresh posture of the limbs. Landor.
3. Lately produced, gathered, or prepared for market; not stale; not dried or preserved; not wilted, faded, or tainted; in good condition; as, fresh vegetables, flowers, eggs, meat, fruit, etc.; recently made or obtained; occurring again; repeated; as, a fresh supply of goods; fresh tea, raisins, etc.; lately come or made public; as, fresh news; recently taken from a well or spring; as, fresh water.
4. Youthful; florid; as, these fresh nymphs. Shak.
5. In a raw, green, or untried state; uncultivated; uncultured; unpracticed; as, a fresh hand on a ship.
6. Renewed in vigor, alacrity, or readiness for action; as, fresh for a combat; hence, tending to renew in vigor; rather strong; cool or brisk; as, a fresh wind.
7. Not salt; as, fresh water, in distinction from that which is from the sea, or brackish; fresh meat, in distinction from that which is pickled or salted. Fresh breeze (Naut.), a breeze between a moderate and a strong breeze; one blowinq about twenty miles an hour. -- Fresh gale, a gale blowing about forty-five miles an hour. -- Fresh way (Naut.), increased speed.